Super Omega-3 EPA/DHA with Sesame Lignans & Olive Fruit Extract, 60 softgels, Item# 01483 - 2 Bottle TwinPak
The body needs fatty acids to survive and is able to make all but two of them: linoleic acid (LA), in the omega-6 family, and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) in the omega-3 family. These two fatty acids must be supplied by the diet and are therefore considered essential fatty acids (EFAs).
Omega-3 fatty acids, found in coldwater fish (and fish oil), perilla and flaxseed oils, are essential elements of a healthy diet. Omega-3 oils contain eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), which are usually lacking in the typical Western diet, which is filled with foods containing high amounts of omega-6 fats.19 EPA and DHA can be synthesized in the body from ALA, but EPA and DHA synthesis may be insufficient under certain conditions and for most people that consume Western diets.
Studies associate the Mediterranean diet -- rich in omega-3 fatty acids, monounsaturated fatty acids such as that found in olive oil, and antioxidant-rich fruits, vegetables, and herbs -- with lowered cardiovascular risk and increased life span.22-28 Other studies support omega-3ís importance in cardiovascular health.29-30
Life Extensionís Super Omega-3 is a premium, scientifically-validated fish oil concentrate, derived from sustainable sources, that contains a proprietary, full-spectrum blend of synergistic nutrients to provide scientifically-validated cardioprotective health benefits.
An abundance of scientific research substantiates the wide-ranging health benefits of omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil and monounsaturated fatty acid and polyphenols in olive fruit.31-39
No other commercially available fish oil supplement contains this level of essential fatty acids, sesame lignans and olive fruit polyphenols.
To ensure the purest, most stable, and easy-to-tolerate fish oil supplement, Life Extension® Super Omega-3 EPA/DHA is molecularly distilled. This proprietary technology ensures any environmental pollutants are reduced to extremely low levels. Our fish oil enjoys a 5-star rating for purity, quality and concentration from the International Fish Oil Standards program (IFOS).
The unstable nature of fatty acids like fish oil limits their biological efficacy in the body. Scientific studies show that when sesame lignans are supplemented with fish oil, the beneficial effects are augmented.40
Sesame lignans help guard against lipid peroxidation, thereby extending the stability of DHA in the body. These lignans also direct fatty acids toward pathways which can help with inflammatory reactions. Super Omega-3 provides standardized sesame lignans to enhance the overall benefits of the improved EPA/DHA fish oil blend.
To emulate a Mediterranean diet, Super Omega-3 provides a standardized olive fruit extract to deliver the polyphenol hydroxytyrosol, a powerful antioxidant that protects normal LDL from oxidation and counters dangerous free radicals.41-44 Research shows that a combination of olive oil and fish oil supplements helps with inflammation better than a placebo or fish oil alone.45 Therefore, Super Omega-3 (four softgels) provides the equivalent polyphenol content of 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
Super Omega-3 provides a high concentration of olive fruit extract standardized for hydroxytyrosol, tyrosol, verbascoside and oleuropein polyphenols. Research shows the value of oleuropein in favorably altering gene expression, delaying senescence in specialized skin cells, and helping maintain normal platelet activation.
Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.Supplement FactsServing Size:
2 softgelsServings Per Container:
30Amount Per Serving
- Calories - 25
- Calories from Fat - 25
- Total Fat - 2.5g
- Cholesterol - < 5mg
- Pure+™ Wild Fish Oil Concentrate - 2000mg
- EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) - 700mg
- DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) - 500mg
- Polyphen-Oil™ Olive (Olea europa) extract (fruit) [std. to 6.5% polyphenols (19.5 mg), 1.73% hydroxytyrosol/tyrosol (5.2 mg), 0.5% verbascoside/oleuropein (1.5 mg)] - 300mg
- Sesame seed (Sesamum indicum) lignan extract - 10mg
gelatin, glycerin, purified water, silica, maltodextrin, caramel color, sunflower lecithin, mixed tocopherols, rosemary.
Contains fish (anchovy, mackerel). Contains corn and sesame.
IFOS™ certification mark is a registered trademark of Nutrasource Diagnostics, Inc. These products have been tested to the quality and purity standards of the IFOS™ program conducted at Nutrasource Diagnostics, Inc.Dosage and Use:
Take two softgels twice daily with meals, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.Caution:
If you are taking anti-coagulant or anti-platelet medications, or have a bleeding disorder, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product.References
19. Mitochondrion. 2007 Jun;7 Suppl:S168-74.
20. Cardiol Rev. 2005 Mar-Apr;13(2):76-9.
21. J Clin Pharmacol. 1993 Mar;33(3):226-9.
22. Biofactors. 1999;9(2-4):291-9
23. Lipids and Aging. 1989; 24(7):579-84.
24. Exp Gerontol. 2006 Feb;41(2):130-40.
25. Int J Food Sci Nutr. 2006 Nov-Dec;57(7-8):546-55.
26. Systemic CoQ level in animals: Part II. Unpublished study. Natreon, Inc.; 2007.
27. Pharmacologyonline. 2009;1:817-25.
28. Pharmacologyonline. 2009;2:690-8.
29. Electronic Journal of Biotechnology. 2008 Jul 15;11(3).
30. Ghosal S. Shilajit in Perspective. Alpha Science International Limited; 2006.
31. Kaneka Corp. Unpublished study. 2007.
32. Sci Total Environ. 1987 Apr;62:347-54.
33. Environ Sci Technol. 2002 Jul 15;36(14):3170-5.
34. Environ Sci Technol. 2002 May 1;36(9):1939-46.
35. Environ Sci Technol. 2009 Feb 1;43(3):878-83.
36. Public Health Nutr. 2006 Dec;9(8A):1136-40.
37. Am J Prev Med. 2005 Nov;29(4):335-46.
38. J Am Diet Assoc. 2005 Mar;105(3):428-40.
39. Mini Rev Med Chem. 2004 Oct;4(8):859-71.
40. Nurs Stand. 2004 Aug 11-17;18(48):38-42.
41. Cleve Clin J Med. 2004 Mar;71(3):208-10, 212, 215-8 passim.
42. J Nutr Health Aging. 2001;5(3):144-9.
43. Inflamm Res. 2001 Feb;50(2):102-6.
44. Arch Intern Med. 2000 Mar 27;160(6):837-42.
45. Biochem Biophys Acta. 2004 Jun 1;1682(1-3):80-91.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org