Cat Mix, 100 grams (3.52 oz), Item# 01003 - 2 Jar TwinPak
Cats require special attention when it comes to their nutrition and care. Cats are carnivorous, meaning that they need animal protein to survive. Amino acids that make up proteins, such as taurine and arginine, are vital to a cat's health. Taurine is a must for the feline heart, kidneys, and eyes. Arginine detoxifies ammonia in cats' kidneys, is important for heart and pancreatic function, and helps keep the gut healthy. Arachidonic acid, an essential fatty acid, is another must for cats because it is used by every cell in the body.
Just like humans, cats need B vitamins to support their cardiovascular system, but are limited in their ability to synthesize the B vitamin niacin from tryptophan. Additionally, cats cannot synthesize vitamin A from beta-carotene. For these reasons and others, cats have a greater need for specific nutrients than many other mammals.
So how can you be assured that you are giving your cat the best nutrition? Besides high quality foods that are nutrient-enriched, food supplements are the best option to make sure your cats are getting all the vitamins and minerals they need to live long healthy lives.
Many commercial pet foods do not contain the vitamins, amino acids, phytonutrients, and advanced antioxidants found in Life Extension Cat Mix. Life Extension pet supplements use the same quality nutrients as those contained in the products consumed by Life Extension Foundation members.Supplement FactsServing Size:
2 scoops (approximately 1.135 grams)Servings Per Container:
approximately 88Amount Per Serving
- Vitamin C - 25 mg
- Vitamin E (succinate) - 5 IU
- Green Tea Extract [std. for 20% polyphenols (200 mcg)] - 1 mg
- Super Nutrition
- Labiatae Extract (from rosemary, thyme and sage) - 10 mg
- Essential Vitamins
- B1 (thiamin HCl) - 2 mg
- B-2 (riboflavin) - 1 mg
- B-3 (niacin) - 2.5 mg
- B-5 (pantothenic acid) - 2 mg
- B-6 (pyridoxine HCl) - 2 mg
- B-12 (methylcobalamin) - 2 mcg
- Folic acid - 500 mcg
- Amino Acids
- L-Taurine - 150 mg
- L-Arginine - 75 mg
- Essential Fatty Acid
- Arachidonic Acid (from freeze-dried egg yolk) - 25 mg
- Protein synthesis and Water Balance
- Betaine (TMG) (from sugar beets) - 25 mg
- Biomate® LS-20 probiotic concentrate (Lactobacillus acidophilus, lactobacillus casei, lactobacillus fermentum, lactobacillus plantarum, Streptococcus faecium providing 1.5 million active organisms at time of manufacture) - 75 mcg
- Mixed Carotenoids
- Betatene® (Beta Carotene, Alpha Carotene Lutein, Zeaxanthin) - 1 mg
- Glucose Metabolism and Longevity
egg yolk powder.
Contains milk, egg, and soybeans. This product contains NO fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish lobster, crab, shrimp), tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, corn, or rice. Contains NO artificial sweeteners or colors.
1 - Betatene® is a registered trademark of Cognis Nutrition and Health.
2 - Biomate® is a registered trademark of Chr Hansen BioSystems.Dosage and Use
For cats weighing six to nine pounds, mix two scoops a day into your pet's food.
Adjust amount according to weight.