1. Veierod MB, Veierod MB, Laake P, Thelle DS. Dietary fat intake and risk of prostate cancer: a prospective study of 25,708 Norwegian men. Int J Cancer. 1997 Nov 27;73(5):634-8.
2. Giovannucci E, Rimm EB, Colditz GA, et al. A prospective study of dietary fat and risk of prostate cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst. 1993 Oct 6;85(19):1571-9.
3. Chan JM, Stampfer MJ, Ma J, Gann PH, Gaziano JM, Giovannucci EL. Dairy prod- ucts, calcium, and prostate cancer risk in the Physicians’ Health Study. Am J Clin Nutr. 2001 Oct;74(4):549-54.
4. Le Guevel R, Pakdel F. Assessment of oestrogenic potency of chemicals used as growth promoter by in-vitro methods. Hum Reprod. 2001 May;16(5):1030-6.
5. Yu H, Rohan T. Role of the insulin-like growth factor family in cancer development and progression. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2000 Sep 20;92(18):1472-89.
6. Zhao H, Grossman HB, Spitz MR, Lerner SP, Zhang K, Wu X. Plasma levels of insulin- like growth factor-1 and binding protein-3, and their association with bladder cancer risk. J Urol. 2003 Feb;169(2):714-7.
7. Schoonmaker JP, Loerch SC, Fluharty FL, et al. Effect of an accelerated finishing program on performance, carcass characteristics, and circulating insulin-like growth factor 1 con- centration of early-weaned bulls and steers. J Anim Sci. 2002 Apr;80(4):900-10.
8. Lee CY, Lee HP, Jeong JH, et al. Effects of restricted feeding, low-energy diet, and implantation of trenbolone acetate plus estradiol on growth, carcass traits, and circu- lating concentrations of insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-1 and IGF-binding protein-3 in finishing barrows. J Anim Sci. 2002 Jan;80(1):84-93.
9. Adhami VM, Ahmad N, Mukhtar H. Molecular targets for green tea in prostate cancer prevention. J Nutr. 2003 Jul;133(7 Suppl):2417S-2424S.
10. Reyes N, et al. 2000. Microarray analysis of diet-induced alterations in gene expression in the ACI rat prostate. Eur J Cancer Prev 2002 Aug;11 Suppl 2: S37-42.
11. Danzin C, Jung MJ, Grove J, Bey P. Effect of a-difluoromethylornithine, an enzyme-acti- vated irreversible inhibitor of ornithine decarboxylase on polyamine levels in rat tis- sues. Life Sci. 1979 Feb 5;24(6):519-24.
12. Stewart JR, Artime MC, O’Brian CA. Resveratrol: a candidate nutritional sub- stance for prostate cancer prevention. J Nutr. 2003 Jul;133(7 Suppl):2440S-2443S.
13. Mitchell SH, Zhu W, Young CY. Resveratrol inhibits the expression and function of the androgen receptor in LNCaP prostate cancer cells. Cancer Res. 1999 Dec 1;59(23):5892-5.
14. Jang M, Cai L, Udeani GO, et al. Cancer chemopreventive activity of resveratrol, a natural product derived from grapes. Science. 1997 Jan 10;275(5297):218-20.
15. Auborn KJ, Fan S, Rosen EM, et al. Indole- 3-carbinol is a negative regulator of estrogen. J Nutr. 2003 Jul;133(7 Suppl):2470S-2475S.
16. van Poppel G, Verhoeven DT, Verhagen H, Goldbohm RA. Brassica vegetables and can- cer prevention. Epidemiology and mecha- nisms. Adv Exp Med Biol. 1999;472:159-68.
17. Fowke JH, Chung FL, Jin F, et al. Urinary isothiocyanate levels, brassica, and human breast cancer. Cancer Res. 2003 Jul 15;63(14):3980-6.
18. Kristal AR, Lampe JW. Brassica vegetables and prostate cancer risk: a review of the epi- demiological evidence. Nutr Cancer. 2002;42(1):1-9.
19. Cohen JH, Kristal AR, Stanford JL. Fruit and vegetable intakes and prostate cancer risk. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2000 Jan 5;92(1):61-8.
20. Firestone GL, Bjeldanes LF. Indole-3- carbinol and 3-3’-diindolylmethane antiproliferative signaling pathways control cellcycle gene transcription in human breast cancer cells by regulating promoter-Sp1 transcription factor interactions. J Nutr. 2003 Jul;133(7 Suppl):2448S-2455S.
21. Hong C, Kim HA, Firestone GL, Bjeldanes LF. Diindolylmethane (DIM) induces a G1 cell cycle arrest in human breast cancer cells that is accompanied by Sp-1-mediated activation of p21WAF1CIP1 expression. Carcinogenesis. 2002 Aug;23(8):1297-305.
22. Michnovicz JJ, Bradlow HL. Altered estro- gen metabolism and excretion in humans following consumption of indole-3-carbinol. Nutr Cancer. 1991;16(1):59-66.
23. Bradlow HL, Michnovicz J, Telang NT, Osborne MP. Effects of dietary indole-3- carbinol on estradiol metabolism and spontaneous mammary tumors in mice. Carcinogenesis. 1991 Sep;12(9):1571-4.
24. Jellinck PH, Newcombe AM, Forkert PG, Martucci CP. Distinct forms of hepatic androgen 6 beta-hydroxylase induced in the rat by indole-3-carbinol and pregnenolone carbonitrile. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 1994 Nov;51(3-4):219-25.
25. Grubbs CJ, Steele VE, Casebolt T, et al. Chemoprevention of chemically-induced mammary carcinogenesis by indole-3-carbinol. Anticancer Res. 1995 May- Jun;15(3):709-16.
26. Brandi G, Paiardini M, Cervasi B, et al. A new indole-3-carbinol tetrameric derivative inhibits cyclin-dependent kinase 6 expression, and induces G1 cell cycle arrest in both estrogen-dependent and estrogen-indepen- dent breast cancer cell lines. Cancer Res. 2003 Jul 15;63(14):4028-36.