~ Mitochondrial Health
Behind every physiological process your body needs to survive and thrive are cellular energy generators known as mitochondria. Their function is so crucial that a growing number of scientists believe mitochondrial longevity may determine overall longevity in aging humans.1-5 One of the most serious events that cause the loss of cellular vitality is the depletion of mitochondrial energy-producing function. Cells require healthy mitochondrial activity to perform life-sustaining metabolic processes. As mitochondrial function weakens in our cells, so does the vitality of organs such as the heart and brain or in some cases, the entire body.6-11
Mitochondrial Basics brings together three cutting-edge mitochondrial energizers:
- PQQ. This breakthrough micronutrient is technically a vitamin12-14 and has recently been shown to trigger mitochondrial biogenesis—the growth of new mitochondria in aging cells.15 PQQ also activates genes involved in protecting the delicate structures within the mitochondria.16-19
- R-lipoic acid. The effects of free radicals comprise one of the chief obstacles to optimal mitochondrial energy production. Published studies confirm R-lipoic acid's power to promote mitochondrial bioenergetics while simultaneously blunting free radical activity.20-25 Mitochondrial Basics contains the superior Bio-Enhanced® R-lipoic acid and is in a proprietary microencapsulated form for better absorption.
- L-Taurine.This free amino acid supports whole-body health and boosts new
brain cell formation in the area of the brain connected to learning and memory.26
- Biochimie. 1999 Dec;81(12):1131-2.
- Lancet. 1989 Mar 25;1(8639):642-5.
- Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2010 Jul 7.
- Age (Dordr). 2010 Mar 20.
- Ageing Res Rev. 2010 Jun 25.
- Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2004 Jun;1019:406-11.
- Postepy Biochem. 2008;54(2):129-41.
- Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2002 Apr;959:491-507.
- Chang Gung Med J. 2009 Mar-Apr;32(2):113-32.
- Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1997 94:3064-9.
- Ann NY Acad. Sci. 1998; 854:118-27.
- J Neurosci Res. 2011 Feb;89(2):222-30.
- Nature. 2003 Apr 24;422(6934):832.
- Connect Tissue Res. 1993;29(2):153-61.
- J Biol Chem. 2010. Jan 1;285:142-152.
- Alt Med Rev. 2009; 14(3):268-77.
- Entrez Gene: PARGC1A peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma, coactivator 1 alpha [Homo sapiens] GeneID: 10891.
- Entrez Gene: CREBBP CREB binding protein [Homo sapiens] GeneID: 1387.
- Bauerly K, Harris C, Chowanadisai W, Graham J, Havel PJ, Tchaparian E, Satre M, Karliner JS, Rucker RB. Altering pyrroloquinoline quinone nutritional status modulates mitochondrial, lipid, and energy metabolism in rats. PLoS One. 2011;6(7):e21779. Epub 2011 Jul 21.
- Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996 Apr 16;221(2):422-9.
- FASEB J. 1999 Feb;13(2):411-8.
- Antioxid Redox Signal. 2000 Fall;2(3):473-83.
- Biochem Mol Biol Int. 1995 Oct;37(2):361-70.
- Arch Biochem Biophys. 2004 Mar 1;423(1):126-35.
- Redox Rep. 2005;10(1):52-60.
- Stem Cell Res. 2015 May;14(3):369-79.
Free Shipping in the Continental U.S. on Orders over $50
The statements made here have not been evaluated by the FDA. The foregoing statements are based upon sound and reliable studies, and are meant for informational purposes. Consult with your medical practitioner to determine the underlying cause of your symptoms. Please always check your purchase for possible allergins and correct dosage on the bottle before use.
While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Life Ex Online assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.