~ Mar 08 Just Say "NO" to most CAT SCANS - References
1. Brenner DJ, Hall EJ. Computed tomography—an increasing source of radiation exposure. N Engl J Med. 2007 Nov 29;357(22):2277-84.
2. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/ct/risks.html. Accessed December 27, 2007.
3. Grady D. In a former first family, cancer has a grim legacy. The New York Times. 2007 Aug 7.
4. Redberg RF. Computed tomographic angiography: more than just a pretty picture? J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007 May 8;49(18):1827-9.
5. Body Scans. Do you know the risk? Life Extension. 2001 Nov.
6. Available at: www.imaginis.com/ct-scan/history.asp. Accessed December 11, 2007.
7. Available at: http://www.ohsu.edu/health/page.cfm?id=13475. Accessed November 7, 2007.
8. Available at: http://www.medcompare.com/spotlight.asp?spotlightid=147. Accessed November 7, 2007.
9. Mollet NR, Cademartiri F, van Mieghem CA, et al. High-resolution spiral computed tomography coronary angiography in patients referred for diagnostic conventional coronary angiography. Circulation. 2005 Oct 11;112(15):2318-23.
10. Gorman C. How new heart-scanning technology could save your life. Time. 2005 Aug 28.
11. Clark C. Latest scanning device finds heart disease, and controversy, quickly. San Diego Union-Tribune. 2006 Oct 1.
12. Masters C. Should you have a CT scan? Time. 2007 Jul 17.
13. Brody JE. Personal health; how perils can await the worried wealthy. The New York Times. 2002 Nov 12.
14. Available at: www.abcnews.go.com/print?id=3394217. Accessed November 6, 2007.
15. Coles DR, Smail MA, Negus IS, et al. Comparison of radiation doses from multislice computed tomography coronary angiography and conventional diagnostic angiography. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006 May 2;47(9):1840-5.
16. Available at: http://trusted.md/feed/items/system/2007/05/02/the_radiation_risk_of_ct_scanning. Accessed December 27, 2007.
17. Rabin RC. The consumer: with rise in radiation exposure, experts urge caution on tests. The New York Times. 2007 Jun 19.
18. Available at: http://www.epa.nsw.gov.au/resources/ctbodyscan.pdf. Accessed January 3, 2008.
19. Brenner DJ, Elliston CD. Estimated radiation risks potentially associated with full-body CT screening. Radiology. 2004 Sep;232(3):735-8.
20. Einstein AJ, Henzlova MJ, Rajagopalan S. Estimating risk of cancer associated with radiation exposure from 64-slice computed tomography coronary angiography. JAMA. 2007 Jul 18;298(3):317-23.
21. Kolata G. Heart scanner stirs new hope and a debate. The New York Times. 2004 Nov 17.
22. O'Malley PG, Feuerstein IM, Taylor AJ. Impact of electron beam tomography, with or without case management, on motivation, behavioral change, and cardiovascular risk profile: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 2003 May 7;289(17):2215-23.
23. Naska A, Oikonomou E, Trichopoulou A, Psaltopoulou T, Trichopoulos D. Siesta in healthy adults and coronary mortality in the general population. Arch Intern Med. 2007 Feb 12;167(3):296-301.
Free Shipping in the Continental U.S. on Orders over $50
The statements made here have not been evaluated by the FDA. The foregoing statements are based upon sound and reliable studies, and are meant for informational purposes. Consult with your medical practitioner to determine the underlying cause of your symptoms. Please always check your purchase for possible allergins and correct dosage on the bottle before use.
While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Life Ex Online assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.