~ Male Osteoporosis: The Hidden Epidemic - References
1. Gennari L, Merlotti D, Martini G,et al. Longitudinal association between sex hormone levels, bone loss, and bone turnover in elderly men. J Ciin Endocrinol Metab. 2003 Nov;88(11):5327-33.
2. Kamel HK. Male osteoporosis: new trends in diagnosis and therapy. Drugs Aging. 2005;22(9):741-8.
3. Levy P, Levy E, Audran M, et al. The cost of osteoporosis in men: the French situation. Bone. 2002 Apr;30(4):631-6.
4. Duan Y, Seeman E. Bone fragility in Asian and Caucasian men. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2002 Jan;31(1):54-66.
5. Seeman E. Unresolved issues in osteoporosis in men. Rev Endocr Metab Disord. 2001 Jan;2(1):45-64.
6. Moyad MA. Complementary therapies for reducing the risk of osteoporosis in patients receiving luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone treatment/orchiectomy for prostate cancer: a review and assessment of the need for more research. Urology. 2002 Apr;59(4 Suppl 1):34-40.
7. Higano CS. Management of bone loss in men with prostate cancer. J Urol. 2003 Dec;170(6 Pt 2):S59-S63.
8. Khosla S, Melton LJ, III, Riggs BL. Osteoporosis: gender differences and similarities. Lupus. 1999;8(5):393-6.
9. Jalava T, Sarna S, Pylkkanen L, et al. Association between vertebral fracture and increased mortality in osteoporotic patients. J Bone Miner Res. 2003 Jul;18(7):1254-60.
10. Haentjens P, Johnell O, Kanis JA, et al. Evidence from data searches and life-table analyses for gender-related differences in absolute risk of hip fracture after Colles’ or spine fracture: Colles’ fracture as an early and sensitive marker of skeletal fragility in white men. J Bone Miner Res. 2004 Dec;19(12):1933-44.
11. Siqueira FV, Facchini LA, Hallal PC. The burden of fractures in Brazil: a population-based study. Bone. 2005 Aug;37(2):261-6.
12. Seeman E. The structural basis of bone fragility in men. Bone. 1999 Jul;25(1):143-7.
13. Hijazi RA, Cunningham GR. Andropause: is androgen replacement therapy indicated for the aging male? Annu Rev Med. 2005;56:117-37.
14. Skouby SO, Al-Azzawi F, Barlow D, et al. Climacteric medicine: European Menopause and Andropause Society (EMAS) 2004/2005 position statements on peri- and postmenopausal hormone replacement therapy. Maturitas. 2005 May 16;51(1):8-14.
15. Cherrier MM, Asthana S, Plymate S, et al. Testosterone supplementation improves spatial and verbal memory in healthy older men. Neurology. 2001 Jul 10;57(1):80-8.
16. Genazzani AR, Inglese S, Lombardi I, et al. Long-term low-dose dehydroepiandrosterone replacement therapy in aging males with partial androgen deficiency. Aging Male. 2004 Jun;7(2):133-43.
17. Orwoll E, Ettinger M, Weiss S, et al. Alendronate for the treatment of osteoporosis in men. N Engl J Med. 2000 Aug 31;343(9):604-10.
Free Shipping in the Continental U.S. on Orders over $50
The statements made here have not been evaluated by the FDA. The foregoing statements are based upon sound and reliable studies, and are meant for informational purposes. Consult with your medical practitioner to determine the underlying cause of your symptoms. Please always check your purchase for possible allergins and correct dosage on the bottle before use.
While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Life Ex Online assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.