~ March 2004 - Colorectal Cancer
Table of Contents . . .
- Heme Iron Raises, Zinc Lowers Colon Cancer Risk - The March 3 2004 issue of the Journal of the National Cancer Institute published the results of a study which found a positive association between the possible prooxidant heme iron and colon cancer, and a negative association between the antioxidant zinc and the disease.
- Heme iron, from liver fraction, is the most easily absorbed and least constipating form of iron. Iron can create free radicals and it is best to supplement iron in food form with vitamin C, as in the Ultimate Iron formula. Iron protein succinylate (Iron Protein Plus) may be the most effective oral treatment for iron deficiency anemia. Studies on the effectiveness of iron protein succinylate showed the following results after 60 days: (1) 23% increase in percentage of red blood cells (hematocrit); (2) 30% increase in oxygen carrying capacity of blood (hemoglobin); (3) 6% increase in total number of red blood cells.
- Protocol: Colorectal Cancer - A number of published reports indicate that off-label drugs (such as cimetidine) and certain dietary supplements may improve survival in patients who have undergone conventional therapy. Please read this entire protocol before initiating the various recommendations because there are certain cautions to consider that should be discussed with your physician.
- Liquid Vitamin A - Vitamin A (retinol) is a yellow, fat-soluble solid terpene alcohol obtained from some carotenoids by conversion in the liver, its storage organ. While carotenoids are widely distributed in such foods as green and yellow vegetables, retinol is not found in any vegetable sources, but is concentrated in egg yolks and the livers of many animals. Vitamin A, either from animal sources or synthesized in our own liver, is essential for growth and reproduction, maintaining healthy vision, and supporting protein synthesis and cell differentiation. Vitamin A and its analogs have also shown the ability to help maintain proper DNA function.
- Optizinc - Zinc is a mineral essential for formation of superoxide dismutase, one of the body抯 most important free radical scavengers and one that cannot be directly supplemented. Zinc also promotes wound healing, immune function, taste sensitivity, protein synthesis, insulin production, and reproduction including organ development and sperm motility.
To see a list of all supplements, please check our Index
or use our Search
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Free Shipping in the Continental U.S. on Orders over $50
The statements made here have not been evaluated by the FDA. The foregoing statements are based upon sound and reliable studies, and are meant for informational purposes. Consult with your medical practitioner to determine the underlying cause of your symptoms. Please always check your purchase for possible allergins and correct dosage on the bottle before use.
While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Life Ex Online assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.