~ Jul 08 Wellness Profile: Deborah Szekely, Founder of the Fitness Spa Movement - References
1. Available at: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/cri/content/cri_2_4_1x_what_are_the_key_statistics_for_melanoma_50.asp. Accessed March 11, 2008.
2. Available at: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/content/CRI_2_4_3X_How_is_melanoma_staged_50.asp?rnav=cri. Accessed March 18, 2008.
3. Available at: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/content/CRI_2_4_2X_What_are_the_risk_factors_for_melanoma_50.asp?rnav=cri. Accessed March 18, 2008.
4. Delmas V, Beermann F, Martinozzi S, et al. Beta-catenin induces immortalization of melanocytes by suppressing p16INK4a expression and cooperates with N-Ras in melanoma development. Genes Dev. 2007 Nov 15;21(22):2923-35.
5. Available at: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/content/CRI_2_4_2X_Do_we_know_what_causes_melanoma_50.asp?rnav=cri . Accessed March 11, 2008.
6. Available at: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/cri/content/cri_2_4_3x_how_is_melanoma_diagnosed_50.asp. Accessed March 11, 2008.
7. Available at: http://www.emedicine.com/derm/topic557.htm. Accessed March 18, 2008.
8. Available at: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/content/CRI_2_4_4X_Types_of_Surgery_for_Melanoma_Skin_Cancer_50.asp?rnav=cri. Accessed March 11, 2008.
9. Atkins MB, Elder DE, Essner R, et al. Innovations and challenges in melanoma: summary statement from the first Cambridge conference. Clin Cancer Res. 2006 Apr 1;12(7 Pt 2):2291s-2296s.
10. Grant WB, Holick MF. Benefits and requirements of vitamin D for optimal health: a review. Altern Med Rev. 2005 Jun; 10(2):94-111.
11. Available at: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/content/CRI_2_4_2x_Can_Melanoma_Be_Prevented_50.asp?rnav=cri. Accessed March 11, 2008.
12. Lew RA, Sober AJ, Cook N, Marvell R, Fitzpatrick TB. Sun exposure habits in patients with cutaneous melanoma: a case control study. J Dermatol Surg Oncol. 1983 Dec;9(12):981-6.
13. Schwartz GG, Skinner HG. Vitamin D status and cancer: new insights. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2007 Jan;10(1):6-11.
14. Bush JA, Cheung KJ Jr, Li G. Curcumin induces apoptosis in human melanoma cells through a Fas receptor/caspase-8 pathway independent of p53. Exp Cell Res. 2001 Dec 10;271(2):305-14.
15. Baliga MS, Katiyar SK. Chemoprevention of photocarcinogenesis by selected dietary botanicals. Photochem Photobiol Sci. 2006 Feb;5(2):243-53.
Free Shipping in the Continental U.S. on Orders over $50
The statements made here have not been evaluated by the FDA. The foregoing statements are based upon sound and reliable studies, and are meant for informational purposes. Consult with your medical practitioner to determine the underlying cause of your symptoms. Please always check your purchase for possible allergins and correct dosage on the bottle before use.
While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Life Ex Online assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.