~Heavy Metal Toxicity, Part 5 - Summary
If you suspect you have heavy metal toxicity, consult your personal physician. If you have a specific medical condition or are taking prescription medicine, you must also consult your personal physician about possible contraindications for your condition or possible drug interactions before using any suggested product. More aggressive treatment approaches for chelation therapy require the supervision and monitoring by a qualified medical health professional.
Observe workplace safety rules and follow procedures to protect yourself in the workplace. When leaving the workplace, follow decontamination procedures to avoid wearing contaminated clothing that could potentially expose other persons, particularly children in the home. At home, raise your awareness of potential sources of exposure to toxic materials. Take measures to limit access to toxic products. Whenever possible, replace toxic products with less dangerous alternatives. Properly dispose of those that are no longer needed. Learn to recognize the symptoms of ingested toxic substances. Learn first aid procedures. Display emergency contact numbers by the telephone.
Strive to achieve proper, balanced nutrition by choosing fresh (organic when possible) fruits, vegetables, grains, lean meat, and cold-water fish.
Consider taking supplemental antioxidants, herbs, minerals, amino acids, phytoextracts, detoxifying agents, protective agents, and fiber as adjuncts to a healthy diet to enhance vital organ functioning and to aid in your body's natural detoxifying actions. The dosage recommendations listed below are for healthy persons.
For more information:
- Life Extension Mix provides a convenient source of vitamins, trace minerals, amino acids, and herb extracts. The recommended dose of Life Extension Mix is 3 tablets taken 3 times daily.
- Life Extension Herbal Mix incorporates 27 different herbs into a powder designed to make 1 daily drink. The suggested daily dose of Life Extension Herbal Mix is 1 tbsp taken first thing each morning.
- Life Extension Booster contains three forms of selenium, vitamin E, and other important nutrients. The suggested dose is 1 capsule daily with any meal.
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant known for its immune and oxidative benefits. A prophylactic dose of 2.5-6 grams daily from all of the various forms of vitamin C (including dietary sources) is recommended. Vitamin C may cause gastric upset for some people. Taking vitamin C with meals may alleviate gastric upset, as might using an antacid, buffering agent, or a buffered form of vitamin C.
- Vitamin E has known antioxidant, immune enhancement, and cardiovascular benefits. The suggested dose is one 400-IU capsule daily. For therapeutic use, a dose of 1-5 capsules taken with meals is suggested.
- Vitamin A has important antioxidant properties and proven benefits for cancer and heart disease prevention. A daily dose of one to two 25,000-IU capsules is recommended.
- Glutathione is one of the body's most powerful antioxidants. A daily dose of two to six 750-mg capsules daily is recommended.
- Selenium is an essential micronutrient that is important in immune and antioxidant functions. A recommended daily dose is one 200-mcg capsule of selenium.
- Zinc is another essential micronutrient that is important in immune and antioxidant functions. One 30-mg capsule of zinc daily is suggested.
- Lactoferrin is known for its ability to have an affinity for iron. One 300-mg capsule of Lactoferrin daily is recommended as a dietary supplement.
- Garlic has been used for centuries for medicinal purposes and has proven protective benefits from pollutants, heavy metals, and cancer-causing substances. A recommended dose is two 200-mg capsules taken with meals.
- Consider using cilantro. Cilantro is readily available from high-quality produce sources or as oil that can be rubbed into the skin. Steep 1-15 drops in hot water 2 times daily (5 days on, 2 days off). During mercury chelation therapy, stop using cilantro after 2 weeks or on the day therapy begins during the third week. Keep cilantro out of the reach of children. If you have any discomfort after taking cilantro, discontinue using it orally and try using cilantro oil on your skin (1 drop on the wrist twice daily).
- Green tea has been demonstrated to be a powerful antioxidant. For protective purposes, one 350-mg capsule daily is suggested. For therapeutic purposes, consider taking 2-4 capsules.
- Calcium is an essential mineral for maintaining healthy bones as well as having properties that block the absorption of free radical-generating iron into the bloodstream. Depending on individual requirements, 1000 mg is a beginning dose of supplemental calcium. A daily dose of one to two 1000-mg capsules is suggested. For those who have a low calcium-content diet or who do not take other calcium supplements, consider taking more. Calcium absorption and utilization is enhanced by also taking vitamin D3. It is recommended that calcium be taken daily in divided doses.
- L-cysteine, N-acetyl-cysteine, and glutathione are important antioxidants. When taking L-cysteine, N-acetyl-cysteine, or glutathione, it is recommended that vitamin C also be taken to help maintain their powerful free radical-suppressing effects. Take 2-6 capsules of the supplement L-Glutathione, L-Cysteine, & C daily.
- Alfalfa sprouts are available as a food product in most health food stores and may be added to salads or blended into a juice. Dried herbs from alfalfa leaves and sprouts may be brewed into a tea--1 oz steeped in 1 pint of water for 20 minutes--2 cups daily. Dried powder capsules may also be taken at a dose of 4-6 capsules a day. Due to its high iron content, alfalfa should not be taken by individuals with toxic or chronic iron overload.
- Include citrus fruit and foods containing buckwheat flour in your diet as natural sources of rutin. A convenient source of supplemental rutin is 1/4 tsp of Rutin Powder taken 2-3 times daily with a beverage.
- Consider taking MSM, alpha-lipoic acid, glycine, and chlorella for their natural detoxifying benefits. MSM has anti-inflammatory benefits. A daily dose of one to three 1000-mg capsules is suggested. MSM is most effectively utilized when taken with meals. Alpha-lipoic acid is a universal antioxidant and meets all antioxidant evaluation criteria. For healthy people, take one to two 250-mg capsules daily. Glycine is a chemically simple and abundant conditionally essential amino acid. It combines with many toxic substances and coverts them to harmless forms, which are then excreted. One tsp. of glycine powder provides 2.8 grams of pure glycine (1 gram or more may be taken because glycine is nontoxic). Glycine powder is easily soluble in juice or water and is not unpleasant tasting. Note: Chlorella causes diarrhea in some persons. Start with a small dose (i.e., two 500-mg tablets daily) and consider adding cellulose enzyme.
- Include daily dietary fiber from natural sources such as carbohydrates, fruits, vegetables, whole grain products, wheat bran, and beans, when possible. Supplemental fiber from Fiber Food Caps is another good source of natural, soluble fiber. Take 6 capsules with each meal and at least 10 oz of water. If necessary, use smaller doses at first until your digestive system adjusts to the added fiber. If gas or bloating occurs, reduce the dose until tolerance is achieved.
- On an empty stomach, take one to four 200-mg capsules of SAMe daily with water. Take folic acid, B12, and B6 when taking SAMe. SAMe should not be taken with antidepressants except under a physician's care.
- Consider silibinin and silymarin for their liver protective benefits. A suggested dose of Silibinin Plus is one 326-mg capsule taken 2 times daily. An alternative is one 100-mg capsule of Silymarin taken 4 times daily.
American Board of Chelation Therapy, (312) 266-7246; American College of Advancement in Medicine, American College of Nutrition, (727) 446-6086; American Association of Naturopathic Physicians, (877)969-2267; National Institutes of Health, (301) 496-4000; Food and Drug Administration, (888) 463-6332; Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, (888) 422-8737.
Free Shipping in the Continental U.S. on Orders over $50
The statements made here have not been evaluated by the FDA. The foregoing statements are based upon sound and reliable studies, and are meant for informational purposes. Consult with your medical practitioner to determine the underlying cause of your symptoms. Please always check your purchase for possible allergins and correct dosage on the bottle before use.
While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Life Ex Online assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.