~General Cancer Protocol
Reprinted with permission of Life Extension®.
The Foundation's Adjuvant Cancer Treatment Protocol
addresses most forms of cancer. This protocol assumes that the patient's primary tumor has been eradicated, at least partially, by surgery or by some other treatment. However, it may be followed even if the primary tumor has not yet been eradicated. The following is a step-by-step treatment plan.Step One - Arrange for monthly blood tests, including Tumor marker tests.
The type of cancer dictates the type of test used. Some cancers do not have a specific tumor marker test available.
- Immune cell subset test.
- Complete blood chemistry: To include all standard liver, thyroid, heart, and kidney function tests.
Here are some accepted blood tumor markers for common cancers.
Step Two - Total nutritional support.
- Ovarian cancer: CA 125
- Prostate cancer: PSA and prolactin
- Breast cancer: CA 27.29, CEA, alkaline phosphatase and prolactin (some doctors use the CA 15-3 in place of the CA 27.29)
- Colon, rectum, liver, stomach and other organ cancers: CEA, GGTP
Pancreatic cancer CA 19.9, CEA, GGTP
- Leukemia, lymphoma, and Hodgkin's disease: CBC with differential, immune cell differentiation and leukemia profile
- Lung cancer: CEA, CA 125, alkaline phosphatase PT, PTT and D-Dimer of fibrin
- Life Extension Mix (high-potency multinutrient supplement): the standard daily dose involves 3 tablets, 3 times a day. It is also available in powder or capsule form to be taken in 3 divided doses.
- Life Extension Herbal Mix - powder only: Take 1 tablespoon early in the day.
- Super Selenium Complex: take 1 capsule, 2 times a day.
- Green Tea capsules (decaffeinated): take 4 to 10 capsules a day in divided doses.
- Coenzyme Q10 (oil-filled capsules): take 200 to 400 mg early in the morning.
- Garlic-Kyolic Garlic Formula 105: take 4 capsules a day with meals.
- Essential fatty acids - Mega EPA fish oil or Udo's Choice Ultimate Oil: take the highest tolerable dose. The suggested dose is 8 to 12 Mega EPA caps along with 4 Mega GLA capsules to balance the high amount of omega-3 being consumed in the fish oil. (Some studies suggest not taking these oils if you have prostate cancer.)
- Vitamin C capsules or powder: take the highest tolerable dose (4000 to 12,000 mg) of pharmaceutical grade vitamin C (to be taken throughout the day).
- Phyto-Food powder: take 1 to 2 tablespoons daily. Juicing
organic vegetables is an alternative to Phyto-Food powder.
- Curcumin: take four 500 mg capsules daily.
- Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA): Take four 1000 mg capsules in two divided doses.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Free Shipping in the Continental U.S. on Orders over $50
The statements made here have not been evaluated by the FDA. The foregoing statements are based upon sound and reliable studies, and are meant for informational purposes. Consult with your medical practitioner to determine the underlying cause of your symptoms. Please always check your purchase for possible allergins and correct dosage on the bottle before use.
While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Life Ex Online assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.