~ Cardiovascular Disease Article Discusses 8 Natural, Low-Cost Helpers
Life Extension Vitamins
In a recent article titled, "Cardiovascular Disease: Prevent the Natural Way" for The Guardian Liberty Voice, Syeda Kiran Zahra Hussain discusses several natural compounds that have been show in studies to be cardio-protective.
This caught our attention because it is a concise, approachable presentation of several inexpensive and easy-to-find compounds that can be helpful to those wishing to explore natural options.
The article rightly points out that:
Disease such as heart attack, is the number one cause of death in the developed world, anything that can prevent cardiac mortality, or slow or even reverse the cardiovascular disease process, should be of great interest to the general public. Sadly, millions of folks are unaware of the extensive body of biomedical literature that exists supporting the use of natural compounds for preventing and even reversing cardiovascular disease. On the contrary, they spend billions on purchase of highly toxic cholesterol-lowering pharmaceuticals with known cardiac toxicity, among 300 plus proven side effects, simply because their physician had asked them to take it.
For example", see Fish Oil Beats Statins for Lowering Mortality Risk.
It's important to know your options and risks. Here are the mentioned natural compounds shown in studies to prevent and/or reverse heart disease:
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids. Omega 3 fatty acids have been shown not only to protect the heart in healthy individuals, but to also reduce the risk of sudden death in those with pre-existing heart disease. See "Slash Your Risk for Premature Death with Omega-3s" to learn more about why.
- Vitamin D. As the author points out, "Levels of vitamin D has been linked directly with the risk of dying from all causes." See "Startling Findings About Vitamin D" to learn more.
- Magnesium. Research cited showed that people who took magnesium at a higher level had a reduced risk of contracting cardiovascular problems. According to the NIH, widespread deficiency of magnesium had "deadly consequences." To learn more about magnesium and why it is so vital to overall and cardiovascular health, see "Magnesium: Widespread Deficiency with Deadly Consequences."
- Pomegranate. Studies have shown that pomegranate inhibits the harmful effects of LDL - or "bad" cholesterol. To learn more, see "Pomegranate: Powerful Protection for Aging Arteries--and Much More," and "Reversing Atherosclerosis Naturally."
- Arginine. The author writes that l-arginine "...not only prevents the progression of atherosclerosis but also reverses pathologies linked with the process...by increasing the production of nitric oxide which is normally depressed in blood vessels where the inner lining has been damaged ..." L-arginine is required for the body to synthesize nitric oxide, which enables the arterial system to retain its youthful elasticity. Nitric oxide also helps to produce endothelial relaxation factor, which is needed by the arterial system to expand and contract with each heartbeat (Life Extension Foundation). Often recommended to increase sexual vitality, l-arginine has now also been shown to reduce obesity. See "Arginine Shows Promise Against Obesity" for more information.
- B-Complex. Shown in studies to fight plaque buildup, other studies show it also it also slows development of early stage atherosclerosis. See "Atherosclerosis (Coronary Artery Disease), Part 3 - Nutritional Supplementation" for more information.
- Garlic. As far back as 1999, garlic was shown to reduce arteriosclerotic plaque in femoral and carotid arteries of subjects receiving high-dose garlic. Since then, garlic has been shown to reduce cholesterol and help maintain elasticity of aging blood vessels - among many other benefits. See "Garlic, An Ancient Healing Herb Supported by Up-To-Date Science" for an overview.
These are but a few natural compounds shown to have cardio-protective effects. For more detailed information on Cardiovascular Disease and Atherosclerosis, including prevention, see the following:
Photo Credit: Copyright (c) 123RF Stock Photos
Free Shipping in the Continental U.S. on Orders over $50
The statements made here have not been evaluated by the FDA. The foregoing statements are based upon sound and reliable studies, and are meant for informational purposes. Consult with your medical practitioner to determine the underlying cause of your symptoms. Please always check your purchase for possible allergins and correct dosage on the bottle before use.
While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Life Ex Online assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.