1. Wu X, Beecher GR, Holden JM, et al. Lipophilic and hydrophilic antioxidant capacities of common foods in the United States. J Agric Food Chem. 2004 Jun 16;52(12):4026-37.
2. Norton C, Kalea A, Harris P, et al. Wild blueberry-rich diets affect the contractile machinery of the vascular smooth muscle in the Sprague-Dawley rat. J Med Food. 2005, 8;(1):8-13.
3. Ramirez MR, Izquierdo I, Rasseira MD, et al. Effect of lyophilized Vaccinium berries on memory, anxiety and locomotion in adult rats. Pharmacol Res. 2005 Aug 9; [Epub ahead of print].
4. Andres-Lacueva C, Shukitt-Hale B, Galli RL, et al. Anthocyanins in aged blueberry-fed rats are found centrally and may enhance memory. Nutr Neurosci. 2005 Apr;8(2):111-20.
5. Joseph JA, Shukitt-Hale B, Denisva NA, et al. Reversals of age-related declines in neuronal signal transduction, cognitive, and motor behavioral deficits with blueberry, spinach, or strawberry dietary supplementation. J. Neurosci. 1999 Sep 15;19(18):8114-21.
6. Galli RI, Bielinski DF, Szprengiel A, et al. Blueberry supplemented diet reverses age-related decline in hippocampal HSP70 neuroprotection. Neurobiol Aging 2005 Apr 30; (Epub ahead of print)
7. Wang Y, Chang CF, Chou J, et al. Dietary supplementation with blueberries, spinach, or spirulina reduces ischemic brain damage. Exp Neurol. 2005 May;193(1):75-84.
8. de Rivera C, Shukitt-Hale B, Joseph JA, et al. The effects of antioxidants in the senescent auditory cortex. Neurobiol Aging 2005 Jun 9;(E-pub ahead of print).
9. Willis ., Bickford P, Zaman Y, et al. Blueberry extract enhances survival of intraocular hippocampal transplants. Cell Transplant 2005;14(4):213-23.
10. Matchett MD, Mackinnon SL, Sweeney MI, et al. Inhibition of matrix metalloproteinase activity in DU145 human prostate cancer cells by flavonoids from lowbush blueberry (Vaccinium angustifolum) : possible roles for protein kinase C and mitogen-activated protein-kinase-mediated events. Nutr Biochem. 2005 Aug 17 (Epub ahead of print).
11. Yi W, Fischer J, Krewer G, et al. Phenolic compounds from blueberries can inhibit colon cancer cell proliferation and induce apoptosis. J Agric Food Chem. 2005 Sep 7;53(18):7320-9.