~Allergies, Part 4 - Summary
The number of supplements involved in suppressing allergy symptoms can appear daunting, but the benefits of consuming these nutrients include reduction in the risk of cardiovascular disease, cancer, dementia, osteoporosis, arthritis, and a host of degenerative diseases associated with aging. Therefore, while the objective of the allergy patient is immediate relief, the use of nutritional supplements can provide a long-term solution in treating the underlying causes of chronic allergy problems and helping to maintain an optimal state of health.
For more information, contact the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of American, (800) 7-ASTHMA.
- Life Extension Mix, 3 tablets 3 times a day, for full-spectrum antioxidant protection, including flavonoids, vitamin C, and vitamin E.
- Super GLA/DHA provides an optimal blend of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Six capsules daily provide 4000 mg of borage oil, yielding 920 mg of GLA, and 2000 mg of fish oil extract yielding 1000 mg of DHA and 400 mg of EPA. Another way of obtaining fish oil concentrate is a product called Mega EPA, which contains 400 mg of EPA and 300 mg of DHA in 1 softgel. Flax or perilla seed oil is recommended for patients allergic to or intolerant of fish oil.
- CoQ10 with tocotrienols: 30-100 mg daily.
- Vitamin C: 2500-9000 mg once a day (The Life Extension Mix formula provides about 2600 mg of vitamin C daily.)
- Vitamin E tocopherols: 400-800 IU daily (Life Extension Mix provides 400 IU of vitamin E. Life Extension Booster Soft Gels contains 210 mg of the vital gamma tocopherol and the tocotrienols usually missing in most supplements. It is recommended that 1 Life Extension Booster soft gel be taken daily along with the Life Extension Mix.)
- Magnesium: 500-1500 mg daily, taken with 900-1500 mg of calcium. (The magnesium dose should be kept below the level causing diarrhea. The calcium dose should be kept below the level causing constipation.)
- DHEA: for men, 25 mg 2 times a day; for women, 15-25 mg once a day. (DHEA is a steroid hormone that should not be given to children nor should it be taken by adults with estrogen-related cancers. Refer to the DHEA Replacement Therapy protocol for complete details and precautions.)
- Jarro-Dophilis EPS (human-adapted acidophilus/bifidus) should be taken with meals (1-2 capsules) along with Super Digestive Enzymes, 2 capsules at the beginning of each meal. NutraFlora is an FOS that nourishes healthy gut bacteria, 1/2-1 tsp daily.
- Grape-Seed Extract: 100 mg, once or twice daily, to supplement the similar agents already present in the Life Extension Mix
- Ginkgo biloba: 120 mg daily
- Beta-Glucan: two 100-mg capsules 30 minutes before meals
- Cordyceps sinensis, two 500-mg capsules twice daily, with meals
- Saccharomyces boulardii, 1-3 capsules daily (containing 1 billion live cells)
- Glutamine, an initial dose of 3000-4000 mg (about 1 tsp), 2-3 times a day should be used. Higher doses may be safely used under a physician's supervision. After improvement, the dosage can be cut to 1000-2000 mg daily (higher if desired). This may be taken in capsule form.
- Deglycyrrhizinated licorice root (DGL): chewing two 380-mg tablets 3-4 times daily between meals, is the suggested dose.
- Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5): 300-500 mg 2 times a day (Additional supplementation with pantothenic acid is not required if the full dose of Life Extension Mix is being taken.)
- Aloe vera juice concentrate: up to 2 oz daily in water or juice.
Free Shipping in the Continental U.S. on Orders over $50
The statements made here have not been evaluated by the FDA. The foregoing statements are based upon sound and reliable studies, and are meant for informational purposes. Consult with your medical practitioner to determine the underlying cause of your symptoms. Please always check your purchase for possible allergins and correct dosage on the bottle before use.
While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Life Ex Online assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.