~ 062409 Test Your Curcumin IQ
The Sacramento Bee, Calif.
Want to lose weight? Well, you could try exercising. Or, according to a new study, you could try consuming curcumin, a compound found in the spice turmeric, a staple of some Asian diets.
Take our quiz about curcumin.
1. According to a study in the May issue of the Journal of Nutrition, curcumin could stall the spread of fat tissue in what way:
- inhibiting new blood vessel growth
- increasing adrenalin levels
- decreasing glycogen stores
2. The study was performed on which group:
3. True or false: The curcumin-ingesting group also had lower levels of blood glucose, triglyceride, fatty acid, cholesterol and liver fat.
4. In addition to being an ingredient in curry powder and being used as a coloring agent in other dishes, curcumin has been found in which nonfood group:
- floor wax
- printing ink
5. In addition to its weight-loss property, curcumin has been shown in studies to help ease the symptoms of which condition:
ANSWERS: 1:a; 2:b; 3:true; 4:b; 5:c
Sources: www.ars.usda.gov; www.food-info.net; www.advance-health.com.
Related Products and Information
Free Shipping in the Continental U.S. on Orders over $50
The statements made here have not been evaluated by the FDA. The foregoing statements are based upon sound and reliable studies, and are meant for informational purposes. Consult with your medical practitioner to determine the underlying cause of your symptoms. Please always check your purchase for possible allergins and correct dosage on the bottle before use.
While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Life Ex Online assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.