~ 040412 Hearing Loss Linked to Higher Falling Risk - References
1. Johnsson LG, Hawkins JE Jr. Vascular changes in the human inner ear associated with aging. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 1972 Jun;81(3):36176.
2. Seidman MD, Khan MJ, Dolan D, et al. Age related differences in cochlear microcirculation and auditory brain stem responses. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1996 Nov;122(11):1221-6.
3. Miller JM, Marks NJ, Goodwin PC. Laser Doppler measurements of cochlear blood flow. Hearing Res. 1983 Sep;11(3):38594.
4. Semsei I, Rao G, Richardson A. Changes in the expression of superoxide dismutase and catalase as a function of age and dietary restriction. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1989 Oct 31;164(2):6205.
5. Bai U, Seidman MD, Hinojosa R, Quirk WS. Mitochondrial DNA deletions associated with aging and possibly presbycusis: A human archival temporal bone study. Am J Otol. 1997 Jul;18(4):44953.
6. Seidman MD, Bai U, Khan MJ, Quirk WS. Mitochondrial DNA deletions associated with aging and presbyacusis. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1997 Oct;123(10):103945.
7. Seidman MD. Effects of dietary restriction and antioxidants on presbyacusis. Laryngoscope. 2000 May;110(5 pt 1):72738.
8. Seidman MD, Khan MJ, Bai U, Shirwany N, Quirk WS. Biologic activity of mitochondrial metabolites on aging and age-related hearing loss. Am J Otol. 2000 Mar;21(2):1617.
9. Wallace DC. Mitochondrial genetics: A paradigm for ageing and degenerative diseases? Science. 1992 May 1;256(5057): 62832.
10. Granville DJ, Gottlieb RA. Mitochondria: Regulators of cell death and survival. Scientific World Journal. 2002 Jun 11;2:156978.
11. Lee CK, Weindruch R, Prolla TA. Geneexpression profile of the ageing brain in mice. Nat Genet. 2000 Jul;25(3):2947.
12. Fraser GE, Singh PN, Bennett H. Variables associated with cognitive function in elderly California Seventh-Day Adventists. Am J Epidemiol. 1996 Jun 15;143(12):118190.
13. Gustafson D, Lissner L, Bengtsson C, Bjφrkelund C, Skoog I. A 24-year follow-up of body mass index and cerebral atrophy. Neurology. 2004 Nov 23;63(10):1876-81.
14. Valdes AM, Andrew T, Gardner JP, et al. Obesity, cigarette smoking, and telomere length in women. Lancet. 2005 Aug 20;366(9486):662-4.
15. Available at: http://www.pdrhealth.com/ drug_info/nmdrugprofiles/nutsupdrugs/ alp_0159.shtml. Accessed July 16, 2007.
16. No authors listed. Alpha-lipoic acid. Monograph. Altern Med Rev. 2006 Sept;11(3):232-7.
Free Shipping in the Continental U.S. on Orders over $50
The statements made here have not been evaluated by the FDA. The foregoing statements are based upon sound and reliable studies, and are meant for informational purposes. Consult with your medical practitioner to determine the underlying cause of your symptoms. Please always check your purchase for possible allergins and correct dosage on the bottle before use.
While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Life Ex Online assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.