~ April 2004 - Advances in Skin Care
Table of Contents . . .
- Important Anti-Aging Supplements - Not surprisingly Dr. Perricone follows his own advice, beginning with diet, where the principal tenet is that sugar is the enemy. "Sugar causes inflammation, inflammation causes aging," he notes. "Fifty percent of skin aging is a result of sugar. It's as bad for your skin as sun exposure. If just a drop of sugar is added to a cell culture of fibroblasts, within a minute or two we can measure a sharp rise of inflammatory chemicals in the cells."
- Carnosine Research has shown that carnosine protects and extends the functional life of the body's key building blocks - cells, proteins, DNA, lipids.
- Chronoforte Includes everal vitamins, minerals, herbs and antioxidants have been studied for their efficacy at promoting healthy blood sugar levels and protecting cells from the damage of elevated blood sugars with favorable results.
- "There had recently been a breakthrough in using vitamin E to help kids with muscular dystrophy," he remembers, adding that he soon added this powerful antioxidant to his daily regimen. "I just fell into using it and it changed my life."
Gamma E If you take vitamin E, you're probably not getting its full benefits! All vitamin E supplements contain alpha tocopherol, but few contain gamma tocopherol. If you wish to obtain optimal antioxidant protection, you should take gamma tocopherol as well.
- Skin Care - A Partial Reversal of Skin Aging - As word has spread about Life Extension's commitment to products backed by solid research, the quality of the proposals received from inventors has improved. As a result, only a select number of inventions is accepted. This month, Life Extension introduces a patent-pending product that rigorous in-house testing has shown addresses an important issue for all of us who are getting on in years: the declining condition of our skin.
Skin aging is a complex process determined by individual genetic endowment as well as by environmental factors. You cannot go back and order new parents, but you can take the initiative and minimize the impact of the environmental factors under your control using therapies to counteract changes in the skin that occur over time.
Read about this new delivery system that overcomes a long-standing obstacle to effective skin care . . .
Other Skin Care Products and Supplements
- DHEA has beneficial effects beyond its conversion to skin-friendly hormones. DHEA itself has powerful skin protective effects. A study in the Journal of Surgical Research demonstrates the extraordinary ability of topically applied DHEA to protect skin's delicate blood vessels. No one knows for sure how DHEA saves skin this way, but its anti-inflammatory action no doubt has something to do with it. Dream Cream contains DHEA and melatonin, both of which protect and moisturize skin when applied topically. DHEA protects skin cells from injury, particularly thermal injury, and improves blood vessel integrity within the skin to help protect cells from oxidative damage. It softens rough, dry skin for a moist, dewy look. Topical melatonin protects against UV-induced skin damage and skin aging.
- New Formula Rejuvenex Vitamin Enriched Anti-Aging Skin Cream
is also very effective in protecting and repairing damaged skin. Key ingredients in the new Rejuvenex formula are encased in a patented QuSome delivery system, which enables them to reach the lower layers of skin where they are gradually released to protect and enhance cellular metabolic function. Ingredients include high potencies of the forms of vitamins C and E that work especially well in the skin. For instance, ascorbyl phosphate, which has been shown to boost the production of collagen type 3 and strengthen collagen strands, and ascorbyl phosphate, which is nonacidic and more stable in the acqueous part of the cell. The new Rejuvenex contains both the ascorbyl palmitate and ascorbyl phosphate forms of vitamin C.
- Hydroderm Liquid Drops - Zinc is a mineral essential for formation of superoxide dismutase, one of the body’s most important free radical scavengers and one that cannot be directly supplemented. Zinc also promotes wound healing, immune function, taste sensitivity, protein synthesis, insulin production, and reproduction including organ development and sperm motility.
- Protocol: Skin Aging - Health-conscious people are concerned about the damage that sunlight inflicts on the skin. Protecting against the effects of ultraviolet radiation is a multi-million dollar industry - creams, lotions, cosmetic products, and protectants are to be found everywhere, resulting in confusion for the consumer regarding what products are really helpful.
Cosmetic companies may seize upon an idea, put that ingredient into a cream or lotion without much research, and then advertise it to an unsuspecting public, which is unfortunate because there is real help available.
This protocol focuses solely evidence from peer-reviewed journals.
Read more about skin aging factors and how you can combat them . . .
To see a list of all supplements, please check our Index
or use our Search
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Free Shipping in the Continental U.S. on Orders over $50
The statements made here have not been evaluated by the FDA. The foregoing statements are based upon sound and reliable studies, and are meant for informational purposes. Consult with your medical practitioner to determine the underlying cause of your symptoms. Please always check your purchase for possible allergins and correct dosage on the bottle before use.
While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Life Ex Online assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.